ManTech Sr. Platform Engineer in Williston, Vermont
ManTech is seeking a Sr. Platform Engineer to support the DHS USCIS on the SPEDI Program. The SPEDI contract is a high-profile, high-visibility modernization program where you can contribute innovative solutions.
The Sr. Platform Engineer duties:
· Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and tuning of virtual infrastructure (both hardware and software components.
· Perform incident resolution and root cause problem determination to ensure availability and stability of virtual platforms according to established service level agreements by working individually or in a multidisciplinary team.
· Work after hours and on the weekends as necessary (patching, incident management).
· Manage service requests and execute standard changes with minimal supervision.
· Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple virtualized environments (DevTest, Stage Production), and provide systems administrator support to business units and clients.
· Application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies.
· This role is key to the technical and operations teams in gathering requirements, designing, implementing, troubleshooting issues, and providing customer service.
· Manage and coordinates the deployment, and expansion of Client Server technologies, as well as monitoring and refinement, and researching solutions to existing problems.
· Monitor site stability and performance; troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration.
· Planning and managing capacity planning activities in case of Private cloud.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
Strong architectural knowledge in cloud virtualization platforms like VMWare, Microsoft VMM and Hyper-V.·Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.·Experience with designing, deploying and managing enterprise-scale Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS), including Hardware and Software (EMC/ Network Appliance/ NetApp).·Infrastructure automation development, script writing and implementation with PowerShell.·Designing and implementing enterprise-scale server solutions that comply with consolidation and standardization initiatives.·Experience with Enterprise ticket management systems for problem resolution and evidence capture.·Experience with designing and implementing private cloud solutions for critical business systems supporting enterprise architecture.·Knowledge of Datacenter/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.), to include Microsoft Systems Center Suite Inc. SCOM and VMM.·Ability to support Help Desk, Incident, and Problem Management for Tier 3-4 incidents.·Experience implementing and maintaining agile and DevOps methodologies.·Experience with and ability to make clear and convincing presentations, both oral and written, presenting and recommending strategies that influence management decisions and technology solutions. Implementing disaster recovery processes and procedures.·Performance tuning of servers and related systems. US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.