ManTech Network Operational Engineer (IP OE) in Stuttgart, Germany
Network Operational Engineer (IP OE)
We support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) providing critical mission support in a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure directly supporting joint warfighters and national level leaders across the full spectrum of military operations. This Network Operational Engineer role provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) IP networks.
You will be responsible for:
• Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols and architectures, specifically BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, and MPLS.
• Configuration of routing protocols including IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments and platforms.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of protocols and architectures to include: OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
• Routing and switching (VPN, VLAN, BGP, and MPLS).
• Identification and documentation of network errors and solutions.
• Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
• Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment
• Experienced with troubleshooting L2VPNs, VPLS, and Service Provider MPLS.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years of overall related experience. 3-5 additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 or higher baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
• CCNA Routing & Switching (or CCNP, CCIE)
• Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols (e.g. BGP, ISIS), IPsec, traffic shaping, MPLS, firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Juniper), Crypto network appliances, and/or WAN traffic acceleration
• Proven expertise with networking architectures and protocols to include IPSEC, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, QoS
• Proven technical hands-on experience working with Cisco and Juniper routing protocols in an enterprise/service provider environment (static routes, IS-IS, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, route maps, redistribution, and routing policies).
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, and
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program
Security Clearance : Current Secret or Top Secret w/SSBI background investigation (Mandatory); will process for Top Secret (Must be U.S. Citizen)
Work location : Stuttgart, Germany (Patch Barracks)
Work hours : Normal daytime working hours, 40 hrs/week
This is a Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) position in Germany.
This is a funded position with immediate availability.
POC: If interested, please upload your resume and also directly contact our HR lead, Mark Aschenbach, (703) 488-2073, firstname.lastname@example.org (please send copy of your resume and certifications).
ManTech -- A leader in Enterprise IT, full-spectrum cyber, data collection and analytics, and systems engineering and software applications. Check us out at www.ManTech.com at http://www.mantech.com/ . Celebrating 50 years of service to our Nation.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.