ManTech Data Analyst in Sterling, Virginia
Entering ManTech s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Research Analyst, in the Chantilly, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. •
The analyst will aid in the ongoing assessment of our systems. The results of the analyses will drive further developments and capabilities our name and entity matching software.
D uties and Responsibilities:
· Obtain, join, scrub, explore, model, and interpret large datasets
· Transform and manipulate large dataset to suit the desired analysis
· Create and present clear oral and written reports on the findings
· Become an expert on name and entity matching.
· BS Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.)
· At least two years of experience performing data analyses and interpreting results
· At least two years of experience using Java, R, or python, Matlab, SQL for data analysis
· Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Experience working with SQL, data-mining or statical software.
· Java programming experience is a plus
· Experience with SAS Enterprise Minder, SPSS Modeler, or equivalent
· Experience working in the field of entity resolution, analytics, data mining or name matching.
· Experience working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
· Unix / Linux experience.
Clearance – Must pass CBP BI. Must have a secret clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience and two to four years of experience in intelligence and analysis for a Customs and Border Protection including comprehensive knowledge of intelligence and or counterintelligence. Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.