ManTech Personnel Security Officer, Senior in Stafford, Virginia
The Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) is responsible for implementing security policies and procedures in coordination with government agencies and ManTech International Security leadership. This position coordinates and monitors sensitive aspects of government agencies’ industrial security programs, ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. This position requires in-depth knowledge of building, accrediting, and managing SCIFs across various government agencies. Additionally, this position is responsible for the protection of classified government information and manages TS/SCI personnel security clearances and processes. The CSSO will conduct initial and on-going security training and education briefings, prepare for and is the site lead during SCI-Security audits/inspections. This position requires independent judgment and discretion, as well as the identification, analysis and resolution of security related matters. The position provides support for all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM, DCID’s, ICD’s and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI programs. The ACSSO will also assist by performing the following duties:
· Develops, implements, and monitors SCI policies and procedures; ensures compliance with all aspects of the security program
· Protects classified government information and manages TS/SCI personnel security clearance and processes.
· Prepares for and is the facilities’ lead during SCI-Security audits/inspections
· Provides support for all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM, DCIDs, ICDs and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI and other special security programs
· Administers routine aspects of industrial security programs and supports SCI in compliance with the NISPOM, DCIDs, ICDs and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI and other special security programs
· Establishes and maintains a working relationship with all government agencies while building/managing SCIFs/as well as filing necessary clearance paperwork for employees
· Uses JPAS and other special access sites, such as ACCS, to track and maintain clearances
· Maintains SCIF visitor control functions
· Prepares visit authorization requests/letter (VAR/Ls)
· Develops and provides new employee security briefings, exit interviews, and debriefings
· Investigates and reports security violations, and incident reports
· Conducts SCIF self-inspections in preparation for security audits
· Provides follow-up clearance status on processed clearance to manager for specific contracts.
· Prepares written reports of surveys and inspections.
· Maintains all security documentation and files in accordance with government requirements
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
· Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
· Ability to use PC and MS Office
· Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
· Listening Skills
· Multi-Tasking Ability
· Oral and Written Communication Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Team-Building Skills
Other Skills Preferred:
· Current and favorable SSBI. Current SCI DCID 6/4 eligibility Desired.
· Document Control training.
· DoD/DIA CSSO course attendance a plus.
· CDSE certificates are a plus
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five to seven of related experience and ability to obtain a security clearance for access to classified information. Courses or certification in government security or PSI preferred.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.