ManTech Network Engineer in Reston, Virginia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer to join our team in the Reston, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our internal organization and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The selected individual will analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform Network modeling, analysis, and planning.
• Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
• May supervise computer programmers.
• Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems. Design and implement systems, network configurations, and network architecture, including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies.
• Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
• Maintain needed files by adding and deleting files on the network server and backing up files to guarantee their safety in the event of problems with the network.
• Monitor system performance and provide security measures, troubleshooting and maintenance as needed.
• Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
• Train users in use of equipment.
• The candidate should be a recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others.
• A Bachelor s degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
• Eleven (11) years of experience with the majority of the following technology and tools:
o Administration software — Cisco Systems CiscoWorks; Element management software; NetIQ software; SolarWinds software
o Configuration management software — Application management software; Automated installation software; Patch and upgrade management software; Software distribution software
o Network monitoring software — Ethereal; Ipswitch What's Up Gold; Multi-router traffic grapher MRTG software; Symantec Intruder Alert
o Network security or virtual private network VPN management software — Intrusion prevention system IPS software; Network and system vulnerability assessment software; Risk assessment software; Virtual local area network management software
o CCNA Certification
o VMWare Experience
o Red Hat Linux Certification
o Certification and Accreditation Specialist
S ecurity Requirements:
An active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph is required.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.