ManTech CDM Schedule Manager in Reston, Virginia
ManTech is seeking a CDM Scheduler to support multiple task orders across its CDM Branch. This position will be responsible for managing the integrated master schedules (IMS) for task orders using MS Project. In conjunction with the Project Manager, and with input from the cross-functional teams, the CDM Scheduler will generate, publish and maintain an accurate master schedule leveraging MS Project Sever/MS Project, showing the tasks and resources required to deliver on-time, per customer requirements and milestones.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for advancing the scheduling practices of the organization to include evaluation and inclusion of risks and opportunities, resource planning, metrics and reporting of scheduling progress.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop, maintain, and status project schedules as well as the integrated master schedule
• Work closely with the various project managers, development teams, operations team, and other project teams to develop detailed, resource loaded schedules and keep these schedules current and seamlessly integrated into a Master Schedule for various tasks.
• Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events
• Identify critical path and task dependencies.
• Develop and manage project scheduled for projects that use earned value management
• Set and maintain the baseline schedule and track all changes to the baselined schedule.
• Liaise with cross-functional project team members and project/program managers to obtain required data to update schedules, including remaining work and estimated completion date (ECD) for planned tasks.
• Provide a weekly status of the tasks and activities in the project schedule to be included in a weekly status report.
• Work in collaboration with Project/Program Management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
• Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other project management tools used to support critical path analysis
• Provide critical path analysis and create “what if scenarios; provide recommendations to leadership and project owners to achieve scheduling targets
• Participate on project teams as the scheduling subject matter expert
• Facilitate scheduling discussions to create project schedule and determine relationships with other projects
• Help technical experts establish milestones and provide support to monitor adherence to the master schedule by identifying programmatic problems and providing recommended solutions
• Foster scheduling best practices by developing and presenting training while at the same time promote the best-fit practices for our program environment
• Identify and track risks and opportunities
• Recommend and lead scheduling process improvements
• Review and revise scheduling documentation, processes and work instructions
• Facilitate and participate in weekly schedule reviews and various other schedule related meetings.
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred or equivalent
• 7 years of project tasking or scheduling experience
• Extensive use of MS Project
• Ability to configure and maintain MS Project Schedule
• PMP Preferred
Candidate must be able to attain DHS Suitability and Public Trust Clearance and candidates in current access will be given first preference.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.