ManTech Systems Administrator in Patuxent River, Maryland
Entering ManTech s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor s and Master s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to “secure the future supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We need an experienced Systems Administrator and cross-functional team member who will work diligently alongside Technical Professionals supporting and executing information technology operations occurring in Lexington Park, MD and throughout the nation.
· Manage the functionality and efficiency of a system of information technology assets running on one or more operating systems.
· Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of information technology and computing resources, and assure and sustain the integrity and security of servers, systems and service accounts.
· Program in an appropriate administrative language, serve as a programmer employing a wide variety of disciplines, and develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
· Maintain system documentation.
· Provide advice and training to end-users, and guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
· Interact with users and evaluate vendor products; make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
· Participate in special projects as required.
· BS or BA degree in a Computer Science or a related scientific discipline or five (5) or more years of relative experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
· Must possess 4-9 years of experience in a systems administrator / engineer position.
· Must be a self-starter who can take senior-leader guidance and intent, and oversee the operations of independent and collaborative, assigned projects.
· Must be DoD 8570.01-M compliant, IAT II. (Sec+, CCNA, GSEC, etc..)
· Demonstrated experience in analysis simulation environment, configuring/troubleshooting software/hardware enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades in a dynamic information systems hosting environment.
Possess Bright HPC qualifications / experience:
· Installing and configuring RHEL 7.x with disk encryption, Bright cluster software on the Head node, and installing and configuring software images.
· Ably to discuss the node provisioning process.
· Installing and managing workload managers (preferably SGE and SLURM) and applying rpms to software images.
· Working with managed and unmanaged switches, integrating Windows Active Directory with Bright cluster environment, performing user management using Bright's LDAP, and managing Bright clusters.
· Configuring and managing various storage technologies (SAN, NAS, and JBOD) and storage vendors (EMC, SanDigital, etc.).
· Red Hat logical volume manager, NFS and Samba, applying Red Hat 7.x and cluster patches to Bright environment.
· Working with enterprise level backup platform (preferably Commvault) to perform backup, restore snapshot functionalities.
· Using IPMI to perform node power management.
· Master's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or a related scientific discipline.
· Have worked 5 years with government agencies.
· Must possess an active TS with SCI eligibility, TS/SCI is highly desired, and will be subject to a CI Poly.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.