ManTech Systems Engineer/Astronaut Search and Rescue Operations in Patrick AFB, Florida
Basic Program Overview:
The candidate shall support work on-site at PAFB and/or Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) and mission temporary duty locations coordinating, training and facilitating DOD operational and tactical level mission support to NASA. The contractor shall support the employment of search and rescue aviation assets to facilitate astronaut rescue following either an Orion or
CCP contingency land or water landing.
Support and employ of air rescue (fixed or rotary wing) assets to facilitate rescue operations following either an Orion or CCP contingency land or water landing. AMO duties will include collaborating and working with USSTRATCOM, NASA, Air Combat Command, and Guardian Angels, to enhance astronaut search and rescue operations supporting rescue and personnel recovery interoperability and tactics, effective communication capability, standardization, integration, and safety across mission partners. SAR will develop air rescue plans assist in employment development with rescue forces.
• Minimum Experience: Previous experience as a rated-officer (pilot or navigator) who achieved qualification as an INSTRUCTOR in either rotary- or fixedwing rescue aircraft.
• Possess an expert knowledge of military combat rescue instructions, tactics, techniques and procedures as well as aircraft capabilities and employment.
• Ability to develop world-wide rescue coverage charts depicting response times
• Ability to develop strategies for astronaut short- and long-term search and rescue plans
• Able to determine interoperability of DoD air deployable rescue equipment with Orion and CCP crew modules and associated survival equipment
• Ability to accomplish advanced team functions to receive personnel and support equipment; provide command and control recommendations for postured alert rescue forces; and provide just-in-time mission refresher at deployed locations
• Possess an expert knowledge of air rescue instructions and aircraft capabilities and employment.
• Ability to create/revise air rescue tactics, techniques and procedures.
• Ability to develop standard operating procedures and associated documents
• Ability to develop checklist or similar products for use during development test, training and mission execution
• Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute support regarding operations to rescue/recover the astronauts and the crew module at Orion nominal end-of-mission and, if necessary, rescue astronauts in the event of a post-splashdown contingency.
• Ability to prepare and evaluate Management Plans (PMP) and Concept of Operations (ConOps) in order to facilitate operations for recovery of the astronauts and the Commercial Crew Program (CCP) and NASA Orion Program vehicles, includes planning, training, and mission execution efforts.
• Ability to schedule, coordinate and collaborate with DoD, NASA, ACC, Air Reseve, ANG, and the Navy to ensure availability of required support equipment and associated procedures for astronaut recovery, rescue, and crew module recovery in multiple sea conditions.
• Ability to develop written courseware, presentations, procedures, and checklists used to provide mission-specific training/orientation for Astronaut Survival Operations personnel.
Other Skills Preferred:
• Previous experience as a rated-officer (pilot or navigator) who achieved qualification as an EVALUATOR in either rotary- or fixed-wing rescue aircraft.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, be very adaptable to change and have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a diverse group of contractor and Government employees, and possess strong organizational skills
• Some travel may be required for this position
• Excellent organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) and seven to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.