ManTech Launch Site Systems Engineer in Patrick AFB, Florida
• The System Engineer position will provide system engineering support to the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) New Entrant Certification Team (NECT) to certify the capability of the Launch Service Provider's (LSP) launch vehicle to provide launch services for Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space (NSS) missions on Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV)-class launch vehicles.
• The System Engineer will attend and evaluate reviews and technical meetings, develop and manage SE tools for certification evaluation, and deveop reports.
• The System Engineer will monitor LSPs anomaly resolution process, risk process, issue tickets, and configuration changes to support the Government's efforts to track all ground systems configuration changes.
• The System Engineer will assess and evaluate LSP s launch complex requirements, design and verification/validation documentation and provide risk recommendations to the Government.
• The System Engineer will perform monitoring and analyze LSP's processes and procedures including vehicle processing and checkout for launch, static fire, Wet Dress Rehearsals (WDRs), and other operations.
• The System Engineer will observe the LSP's launch readiness reviews, post-flight ground system performance reviews, and will support technical interchange meetings, design reviews, Engineering Review Boards and Chief Engineer Review Boards.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• BA/BS or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, or Math with a minimum of 10 years of experience in systems engineering preferred or 8 years with MS (Engineering, Physics, or Math) or prior specific extensive experience (10) with launch vehicle design, testing, processing and ground systems required due to complexity of work being performed.
• Experienced in system engineering and project management and working with senior Government program managers and various contractor support staffs as well as in a multi-disciplinary, geographically separated team environment.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Secret Clearance or ability to obtain and maintain secret clearance
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Work as an integral team member of the New Entrant Certification Team (NECT)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and commercial business applications
•-Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience or Master s degree (in an engineering discipline) and seven to nine years of experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.