ManTech Launch Site System Safety/Env Engineer in Patrick AFB, Florida
• Responsible for assessment of System Safety and Environmental documentation submitted related to launch site
• Evaluation of contractor Range safety and environmental program submittals
• Preparation and update of Government Acquisition Program environmental documents such as Programmatic Environment, Safety and Health Evaluation (PESHE), and Environmental Mitigation Plan.
• Provide recommendations and support to customer with respect to safety and environmental requirements
• Collaborate and coordinate safety and environmental program tasks and initiatives with offsite teammates
• Prepare program documents and materials to maintain continued acquisition program safety and environmental compliance
• Evaluate contractor safety and environmental program submittals for adequacy vs. requirements.
• Prepare periodic reports summarizing safety and environmental activities status and plans.
• Monitor launch vehicle provider's environmental compliance with the NEPA, Federal, State, and local laws, as well as launch site environmental policies and restrictions.
• Assess NEPA Documentation, Environmental Impact Analysis, Permits, Hazardous Material Program Plan, Pollution Prevention Program Plan and other environmental plans against environmental laws and CSOSAs.
• Analysis and preparation if NEPA documents (primarily AF Form 813s)
• Create reports and risk assessments and document Safety and Environmental assessments
• Provide liaison with SMC/LE Safety and Environmental personnel and CCAFS Safety and Environmental organizations.
• Report to the Lead System Safety Engineer at LAAFB to coordinate safety and environmental tasks at LAAFB, CA including interfaces with SMC/LE safety and SMC/SE, SMC/EN staff offices.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• BA/BS or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, or Math with a minimum of 10 years of experience in systems engineering preferred or 8 years with MS (Engineering, Physics, or Math) or prior specific extensive experience (10 years) with launch systems design, testing, vehicle processing and ground systems required due to complexity of work being performed.
• Experienced in system engineering and project management and working with senior Government program managers and various contractor support staffs as well as in a multi-disciplinary, geographically separated team environment.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Secret Clearance or ability to obtain and maintain secret clearance
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Work as an integral team member of the New Entrant Certification Team (NECT)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and commercial business applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and ten to twelve years of experience
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.