ManTech Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) I in Los Angeles, California
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) I
The ISSO s primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting SMC and AFSPC mission areas. The position will provide “day-to-day support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
• Review, prepare, and update AIS accreditation packages
• Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
• Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
• Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
• Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
• Conduct security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system accreditation packages
• Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
• Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
• Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
• Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
• Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
• Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of certification and accreditation (C&A) efforts
• Review, track, and conduct AIS training
• 1 - 2 years related experience; minimum 1 year of SAP-related experience highly desired.
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
• Must complete training on Joint Security Implementation Guidance (JSIG) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM)
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• 1 - 2 years related experience;
minimum 1 year of SAP-related experience highly desired.
Years of Experience
00-02 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.