ManTech Range Systems Engineer, Senior in Lompoc, California
• Ensure delivered systems do not introduce hazards to operators, range users or the community and that designed systems meet human factors requirements.
• Develop basis of estimates (BOEs), participate in and provide required data in support of Integrated Project Team (IPT) Meetings, Requirements meetings, and other milestone reviews throughout the engineering project lifecycle in the area of Specialty Engineering.
• Design and develops integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of products.
• Perform requirements analysis, testing and integration, maintenance and escalated problem resolution of systems, subsystems and components.
• Support the development and allocation of human factors and safety-related requirements during the requirements identification phase of the engineering lifecycle
• Develop Human Factors analyses, in support of assigned projects, to ensure the as-designed system meets the human factors requirements allocated to the project
• Develop Safety Hazard analyses addressing hardware, software, and personnel hazards in support of assigned projects
• Lead and conduct peer reviews in support of Human Factors analysis artifacts
• Lead and conduct peer reviews in support of Safety Hazard analysis artifacts
• Plan, conduct, and assist in project execution for assigned projects
• Analyze, develop, recommend and implement approaches to meet all assigned tasks and milestones
• Prepare reports to communicate to appropriate personnel
Mandatory Skills Requirement:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Experience in specialty engineering, systems engineering or related engineering field.
• Experience working with Windows based computer systems and components and Office tool suite
• Experience providing inputs to complex projects and/or assignments within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams
• Fundamental knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and systems engineering processes
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues verbally and through written media such as graphical slides and verbal presentations to contract management and customers.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and other engineering documentation
Other Skills Preferred:
• Solid conflict management skills
• Ability to exercise diplomacy within a team environment
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan, prioritize, and execute work assignments
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external support personnel
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.