ManTech Network Infrastructure Engineering Solution Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Senior Solutions Architect will provide technical pre-sales support to assist in developing solutions to meet customer needs; facilitates interactions and collaboration both internally (Business Unit Engineers and Customer Account Executives) and externally (customers); and is the thought leader responsible for the design and validation of solutions, including providing guidance on best practices for implementation.
Provide pre-sales engineering support for business opportunities.
Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of customers current infrastructure and operations.
Translate customer requirements to develop architecture and design.
Assist Capture Managers in developing infrastructure optimization solutions to meet customers needs and requirements.
Review and validate all solutions to ensure compatibility and consistency with ManTech best practices.
Validate solution in the form of technical briefings/exchanges with key customer stakeholders.
Communicate the role and value of the proposed solution to the organization and present the business case for technology investments.
Assist the Sales and Operations groups with requests for quotes / information, bids, proposals and statements of work.
Support Community of Practice (COP) to enhance IT Infrastructure solutions “State of the Practice :
Evaluate new technology, providing recommendations and solutions integrating said technology
Process development and documentation
Design, populate and expand collaboration space
Data resource integration into collaboration spaces (Past Performance, Best Practices, Lessons Learned)
Working in conjunction with other Group and Business Unit Solution Architects create, maintain and publish methodologies, approaches and best practices in support of ManTech key business area Communities of Practice.
Identify,mentor and leverage internal Subject Matter Expertise resources
Surge support for large opportunities and process training requirements
Use business management tools for tracking time, expenses and project status and documentation.
Support Sales efforts to meet financial goals.
Understand and abide by all security and operational policies
- Minimum of 10 years as an engineering consultant, outside systems engineer or similar
· Minimum of 5 years Data center management and/or operations experience
· Ability to understand complex IT requirements and develop Concept of Operations to drive the baseline solution
· Experience interviewing SMEs, customer representatives and sales leads to elicit the knowledge and background information required for creating effective solutions
Experience developing labor and hardware estimates in support of developed services, software and hardware solutions
ITIL Master certification
· ServiceNow Certifications
o System Administration
o Implementation Specialist
- Prior experience with other ITSM platforms (i.e., Remedy)
Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
Strong technical writing skills and the ability to assist the sales team and business groups with requests for quotes / information, bids, proposals and statements of work
Demonstrate the ability to create technical drawings and concept graphics for solution proposals
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting; ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers, including conceptual design and white boarding sessions
Ability to mentor other Solution Architects, Capture Manages and Account Managers
Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
Clearance: Secret (required); Top Secret (preferred)
· Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering or Physical Sciences and twelve to fifteen years related experience including management experience of technical delivery
· Experience as a Senior Network Architect / Engineer with responsibilities in the planning, design and installation oversight of all network systems (hardware, software, and security)
· Experience in extracting network needs from Owner meetings and using that analysis as the benchmark for final network design documents
· Experience in network architecture, network monitoring, operations & maintenance, and demonstrated experience in translating business objectives to technology solutions
· Experience in architecting, implementing and operating infrastructure technology labs
· Experience in delivering and managing network engineering systems integration projects
· Desirable Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) and expert knowledge of the IP protocol suite and Cisco enterprise wireless networking and design
· Extensive experience with the following technologies BGP, iWAN, DMVPN, EIGRP, MPLS, VRF, QoS, PBR, VSS, HSRP, STP, Cisco Meraki stack, WAN Optimization technologies , etc
· Experience with network micro-segmentation and related technologies for the enablement of software defined security and access policies
· Experience with class security devices and software (e.g., IPS, IDS, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco ASA, Cisco FirePower stack) desired, VMware and server technologies, Server virtualization configuration and implementation, Storage (NAS, SAN, etc.) and network architecture.
· Prior working experience of the DoD architecture framework (DoDAF) and TOGAF
· Experience in establishing and negotiating service level agreements with network/IaaS service providers to ensure service quality and availability required
· Experience working in a team environment providing detailed hardware specifications to mechanical and electrical engineers to aid in the design of mechanical and electrical systems to support network hardware infrastructure
· Linux and Windows System Administrator experience including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.