ManTech Software Engineer III in Hanover, Maryland
In addition to meeting the labor category requirements for which the candidate is submitted, candidates are also required to meet the following:
• Software testing experience strongly preferred
• Some software development experience required. Experience in shell
scripting and at least one scripting language. Ruby or Python are preferred
but at a minimum C, C++, or Java. All
code to be tested will be written in Python.
• Some Linux systems administration
experience required (CentOS, Ubuntu)
• Experience with Puppet and/or Ansible - the ability to read / understand
the syntax of these tools will be required for job success as software is
deployed using these tools
• Experience with automated test tools such as Selenium, Cucumber preferred
• Some experience with GIT / SVN version control software preferred
• Integration experience or the ability to troubleshoot the product as a
whole by tracing dataflow through multiple components/services.
• Creativity to think outside the box from the documented test cases and
test the product from a high level point of view to ensure all components are
performing as expected.
• Requires someone who is a self starter and motivated since the tester
will have little direct tasking assigned but is expected to determine what
aspects of testing can be expanded.
• Test major releases (includes major functionality changes and new core
service integration where there may not be documented test cases)
• Perform regression testing on the code base for releases
• Implement testing automation and perform tool development
• Link automation to current
Jenkins/gerrit triggers to develop nightly builds and checks as software is
• Determine and implement test
strategy using automated test tools
• Test both the incremental software
patch releases as well as new feature releases
• Will be provided simple test cases to reproduce but will be required to
understand how the component that was changed can impact other services and
determine new test cases that should be exercised
• Encouraged to automate as much as possible. Majority of the time will be
spent developing tools to perform automation tasks
• Free range to pull in pre-existing open source products to assist in
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related work experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.