ManTech Cyber Defense Incident Analysis Analyst in Fort Meade, Maryland
Cyber Defense Incident Analysis Analyst
The selected candidate will support the analysis of software/hardware vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have to DoD systems, use this expertise to identify priority level for vulnerability fix actions and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of a vendor fix action.
• Establish communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
• Compile daily, weekly and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
• Identify, analyze, and develop mitigation or remediation actions for system and network vulnerabilities. Prioritize identified vulnerabilities based upon severity, potential operational impact, and other factors for DoD. Analyze issues affecting DoD components with vendor provided fixes and contact the appropriate vendor for a defined and attainable solution.
• Provide notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as they migrate throughout DoD and globally. Monitor the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government
• Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
• Previous tools experience working with Joint Incident Management System or other ticketing systems.
• Knowledge of cyber incident handling process and procedures.
• Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting units.
• Have working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
• Critical/logical thinking skills
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
• Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
• Advanced communications and presentation skills enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A//FA with command and proper enunciation of the English language.
Clearance: Top Secret with SCI eligibility (TS/SCI)- Mandatory
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Duty: Standard shift - Monday through Friday
POC: Please apply on-line and contact our recruiter, Mark Aschenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 488-2073
Requires Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience. Minimum of two years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.