ManTech Principal Rocket Propulsion Engineer in El Segundo, California
ManTech is seeking a talented and skilled Propulsion Acquisition Engineer/Analyst for its El Segundo, CA office, in support of Air Force Launch Programs. In this role you will be assisting in all aspects of Government investment and acquisition processes, contract business support, and contract and propulsion system analysis for developing and acquiring new/modified rocket propulsion systems.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform and analyze engineering and technical management information for the Air Force to gain insight into and assess the design, development, manufacturing, launch, sustainment, and modification of new/modified rocket propulsion systems and/or launch systems and subsystems.
• Provide rocket propulsion engineering expertise for each of the new/modified rocket propulsion systems and/or launch systems and subsystems and launch facilities being developed in association with the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) Phase 2 acquisition.
• Assist developing new/modified rocket propulsion and launch systems development investment and acquisition strategies and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), including Statement of Objectives, requirements, instructions to offerors, evaluation criteria, and model contract provisions.
• Acquire and maintain cognizance of new/modified rocket propulsion and launch subsystems and component-level risks and issues. Track the status of new/modified rocket propulsion system and launch systems/subsystems and component-level risk mitigation activities and report on the status of mitigation activities to the Government.
• Evaluate Rocket Propulsion and Launch System Contractors methods, processes, and techniques in accordance with established Government/Contractor shared investment arrangements and recommend improvements to subsystem/component design, performance, reliability/maintainability, and supportability.
• Analyze Air Force requirements to determine whether existing and/or new/modified EELV program-related infrastructure (e.g., Launch Vehicle contractor, Government, and commercial) is capable of meeting EELV Phase 2 and beyond launch needs. Recommend changes to existing and/or new/modified rocket propulsion and launch systems that could take advantage of identified and existing Government or Commercial infrastructures and meet Government launch requirements. Analyze existing and/or new/modified launch infrastructure for supportability issues to include parts obsolescence, corrosion control, facility refresh/refurbishment, and other support issues.
• The candidate must have, at minimum, Bachelor of Science from an ABET accredited college with an emphasis in one or more of the following engineering disciplines: propulsion, structures, engines, avionics, and software; preferably in connection with launch vehicle or satellite systems, or a related field.
• In addition, the candidate should have a minimum of ten (10) years industry experience in the specific engineering discipline with B.S. Degree. Higher education (MS, PhD) can be substituted for minimum years of experience requirements. Technical experience and training (i.e., military technical training, vocational training, and unique experience) may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Background in government acquisition and/or government contracting strongly desired.
• This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and effective decision-making. Applicant will also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with others in a team setting, and proficiency with MS Office products to include Project, Power Point, Excel and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint.
• Additional training in contract/federal acquisition law preferred
Travel: Occasional travel (10%) to CONUS locatons is required.
Clearance: Position requires, at a minimum, a Secret or the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance within 6 months of established start date.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.