ManTech Falcon Heavy Avionics and Systems Analysis Project Engineer in El Segundo, California
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle avionics and systems analysis to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security space launch, and we are growing our team to bring SpaceX Falcon Heavy in to the Air Force portfolio. We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for National Security Space (NSS) satellite missions.
• Provide systems and technical project engineering support to the U.S. Air Force, Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), New Entrant Certification Team's (NECT's) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space (NSS) missions.
• Perform project engineering with skills and background related specifically to launch vehicle avionics and electrical systems.
• Coordinate, schedule and participate in system, sub-system, and component design reviews, Working Groups, and various Engineering Review Boards (ERBs). Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
• Develop products such as data tables, presentations, and reports in preparation for Engineering Review Boards, Design Reviews and Chief Engineer Review Boards for the Air Force customer.
• Review completed team products for completeness and acceptance, and collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
• Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors, Vendors, FFRDC, and Air Force team members
• Compile and present weekly status charts with FFRDC and Air Force counterparts, in preperation to present to Air Force leadership.
• Support and record observations of SpaceX Falcon Heavy launches on-console and document observations in a comprehensive document for customer delivery.
• Consolidate and coordinate reports into a single formal report on a routine basis.
• Tabulate and provide metric charts for various open work tickets, statuses of hardware, risk tickets and other variables as requested.
• Interface with various team members at various levels of all organizations involved and be able to execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or technical field relevant to engineering, and minimum 12 years of related experience, or Master s Degree in an engineering or technical field with 10 years of related experience, or PhD degree in an engineering or technical field with 8 years of related experience.
• Technical experience and training (i.e., military technical training, vocational training, and unique experience) may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Strong background and experience in Aerospace and Launch Vehicles in the areas of avionics, electrical systems, and systems analysis.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite, including MS Word, MS Project, and specifically MS Power Point and MS Excel
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Other Skills Preferred:
• Familiarity with Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center and experience working with government entities preferred.
• Master s Degree desirable.
• PMP certification a plus.
• Active Secret security clearance (strongly preferred)
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Preferred
Years of Experience
12-15 years w/Bachelors Degree, 09-12 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.