ManTech Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Bagram, Afghanistan
Heavy Equipment Mechanic typically performs all functional duties independently. Researches, plans, designs and develops new applications for electro-mechanical equipment and systems. Reviews contractor's standards, specifications and other documentation to determine mechanical engineering requirements. Designs or reviews simple mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, ventilation and/or instrumentation systems using analytical and investigative methods and techniques to ensure systems meet required specifications. Gathers and correlates basic data and performs routine engineering research and development assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests in order to develop new applications or upgrade existing hardware. Guides and assists technicians in fabrication and installation of simple mechanical and related equipment and routine systems in order to ensure conformance of product and systems with engineering design and customer specifications. May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions or improve equipment or system function. May review and correct drawings to ensure that products are in accordance with proper engineering techniques and specifications. Tasks may require physical abilities.
More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are urged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
Three (3) to 10 years of experience and a BA/BS or MA/MS degree.
• Proven maintenance, repair and technical experience and background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance
• Preferred areas of experience may be with light or heavy duty trucks, tractors, tactical vehicles, ground systems, generators, power plants, aircraft or any diesel or gasoline powered equipment or vehicle.
• Maintenance support includes operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U.S. systems and subsystems to component level.
• Proficient with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi-meters.
• Effectively applies industry and/or military standard troubleshooting procedures to isolate faulty system components.
• Prior training and/or maintenance experience on MRAP/RCV systems preferable
• Travel to hostile areas is required Must be able to meet all government CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) requirements for foreign travel into operational locations.
• Candidates must be in top physical shape, meeting the government deployment requirements.
• Position requires moderate to lengthy travel to various US or OCONUS locations. Appropriate bonuses and allowances are paid. We seek flexibility and willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South Central Asia. Some OCONUS deployments may be to risky hostile ("war zone") environments which earn larger bonuses.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.