ManTech BigFix Administrator - Patch Management - Temporary Position in Altadena, California
This is a technical hands-on role that is primarily responsible for planning, implementing and reconciling Microsoft/ Apple security related patches on all workstations. In addition, the role will be responsible for maintaining the patch level to the latest release of industry standard, software such as Adobe, troubleshooting and providing support on patch related issues.
Skills and Knowledge:
• In-depth working knowledge on IBM Bigfix patching tool
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows administration (Active Directory)
• Experience in patch remediation with the focus on security/vulnerability research and mitigation
• Working knowledge in reviewing vulnerability bulletins/findings and providing recommended mitigation and impact assessments.
• Experience in creating documentation. Audiences can vary between technical and non-technical users and management.
• Apply security updates and patches using BigFix to 15000 endpoints on a monthly basis.
• Create and test custom software packages per customer request.
• Develop scripts to scan for current Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat versions.
• Understand the configuration and management of Distribution Points and creating packages to test in lower environments.
• Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis according to Information Security policy.
• Create / Update Systems Documentation and Operations Standards / Procedures.
• Distributed software and security updates via IBM BigFix Endpoint Manager,
• Perform in-depth analysis on computer systems to ensure assets are compliant with Customer Directives.
• Monitor Security Center and utilized IBM Endpoint Management Systems / Microsoft System Center to actively patch security updates
• Manage and report on application performance against critical metrics
*Minimum 5 years of experience working in an Information Technology role.
*Minimum 2 years of experience working with large, complex networks and systems.
*Minimum 2 years of experience providing 2nd and 3rd Tier patch remediation.
Must be a US Citizen
This is a Temporary position.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to eight years of related work experience
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.